Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Press Play

I gotta feeling~about blogging~ on some music~ I've been listening~ to latelyyy~~

Here are some music which I've been listening to lately. They were new to me, but might not be for u, as I'm pretty much outdated compared to many avid music listeners hehe. Some are recommended, some are intentionally found, and they have been hogging my playlist for awhile. They areee...

1) Pete Murray


Genre: Rock/Acoustic/Alternative

Enlightening source: Myspace hopping

Sounds like: Voice, James Morrisson. This Aussie's music is very guitar based, and goes along the lines of smooth and relaxing music, played while driving down long highways in the summer air. He's my new alternative for Jamie Scott ;)

Fav Songs: Opportunity, Saving Grace



2) Josh Wilson


Genre : Contemporary Christian/Pop/Rock

Enlightening source: Lester Wong

Sounds like: something amazing! If you wanna listen to some fresh new sounds, give him a try. The melodic lines in his songs just sends me the chills (in a good way) everytime I hear em. Good music, good lyrics!

Fav songs: 3 minute song, Saviour Please, Beautiful Like This



3) She & Him


Genre : they say Indie/Pop/Country, i say Everything Fun! =)

Enlightening source : Adeline Tan

My2cents: I have heard about them quite some time ago, but didn't really pay attention to their music much. Recently I decided to "visit" their music site once again, and my... I totally got hooked and cudn't stop playing their songs! And yes, that's Zooey Deshanel the actress! (partnering M.Ward). If you're into fun, relaxin and happy music, they are yours!

Fav Songs: Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?,You Really Got a Hold on Me, This is not a test



4) Chris and Conrad


Genre: Contemporary Christian/Rock/Pop

Enlightening Source : Stumbled upon them after they released a rockier version of Brooke Fraser's Lead Me to The Cross

My2cents: Sounds abit like Joel and Luke (www.myspace.com/joelandluke). Reallllyyyy love their harmonization and melodic lines! Absolutely beautiful! =) You can check out some of their acoustic vids on their facebook page. Definitely a grp to watch!

Fav Songs: Pretty much everything x)



5) Brett Dennen


Genre: Indie/Folk

Enlightening Source : Also some internet/myspace hopping

My2cents: Sounds like, himself. He looks 20 but is already 30. Though one might not be accustomed to a singing voice like his, his music speaks alot of justice and the society, as well as well, love. Definitely soup for the soul.

Fav Songs: Ain't no reason, By & By




Ahhhh, and these are some of the many I've been listening to lately. There are many more which I wish to share, but shall save it for another time. Till then, this concludes my once-in-a-blue-moon update. Enjoy d music! =)